View Single Post
Old 07-04-2011, 11:56 PM   #1251 (permalink)
MacCool
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z PW 2014
MacCool has a spectacular aura aboutMacCool has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4a1mustang View Post
That's wild! One of these days I am going to sign up for some classes... they seem like good fun and a great way to hone your skills.
Consider getting the Magpul Dynamics DVD series as a good place to start. Their courses are truly excellent. You would especially like their Dynamic Shotgun videos, but their "Art of the Dynamic Handgun" is great, as are their Tactical Carbine videos. Magpul Dynamics | Products . Travis Haley and Chris Costa are pretty much the rock stars of the tactical shooting world these days. There are a lot of Magpul Dynamics clips on YouTube. Worth looking at. I haven't done the MD shotgun course...I just have a lowly Mossy 500 that I use in local three-gun competition, strictly a rube, but it looks interesting.

The pistol course I'm doing is with Louis Awerbuck (Yavapai Firearms) and the carbine course is with Jeff Gonzales...Combative Carbine II (did CC I last October). Jeff's a Navy SEAL, it's an intense three day course. In CC II, it's pretty much head shots only. We're fortunate here that local law enforcement is very proactive on advanced firearms training, and they bring these types of courses every year and open them to civilians. They are truly a blast.
MacCool is offline   Reply With Quote