View Single Post
Old 07-21-2009, 09:18 AM   #58 (permalink)
bigaudiofanat
Car Audio Installer

Drives: 2012 Infiniti G37x
bigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to bigaudiofanat Send a message via Yahoo to bigaudiofanat Send a message via Skype™ to bigaudiofanat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anatoray View Post
Rolex actually has something unique, which is the Swiss motion that very few brands have, and I believe it is the best Swiss motion rated at 7 ticks per second? Basically it ticks in such a way that it appears to be one constant smooth motion.

I would relate Rolex to Apple more than anything else, due to their amount of control over their marketing. Like Apple, they only sell their products through select retailers, and have strict price control. They never go on sale, and retain their value. Dealers are not allowed to undercut prices, and actually cannot advertise the Rolex name online. Only recently have they been allowed to give small discounts due to the economy hurting sales, but it's nothing spectacular.

Like some have said though, they are not the best, just the best marketed high end watch. I am biased towards Paddock, which I guess you could say is the TRUE Bose of watches. 250,000 dollars for a watch face with a LEATHER band. Now there's a rip off for a name.
I have to highly disagree, apple and the apple ipod have been taking over the market, the ipod is the number one rated mp3 player and has been for over 6 years now. They hold there value tremendously and also run a lot longer than other cheap brands. IMO it is the best one out there I also own a apple powerbook 64 laptop, it is 3 years old had 0 trouble with it and it has been dropped 3 times by myself. My next purchase will be a new one, once you try an apple out and find out how well they are made you will not want to go back and you will see were spending the extra money is well worth it. Just my 0.02
https://www.facebook.com/Dynamicmobileaudio/
bigaudiofanat is offline   Reply With Quote