View Single Post
Old 07-21-2009, 06:34 AM   #13 (permalink)
m4a1mustang
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: on two wheels
m4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond repute

Sometimes cars have higher than normal mileage not only because of test drives but because they may be moved to different dealerships. Most dealers take good care of them but if the car is beat up with so few miles, don't budge. But if you find a clean car with some miles on it, just keep in mind that you can negotiate those miles out of the price. And, the 36k mile warranty starts at the odometer reading when you buy the car.

My old Mustang GT had 75 miles when I picked it up... the dealership we bought from did not have the car I wanted in stock so they traded with another dealership and the car was driven to the dealership that day.

So a few miles aren't always that much of an issue... just make sure you thoroughly look over the car to make sure the rims are not damaged and there are no scratches. A reputable dealership is going to take good care of their cars.

Also, if a dealership has multiple locations they tend to move cars around a bit. Say they have a Yellow Z sitting at location A for a month... they might move it to location B to see if it will generate more buzz.
LIKE us on Facebook!
m4a1mustang is offline   Reply With Quote