View Single Post
Old 07-01-2011, 10:38 AM   #20 (permalink)
Cmike2780
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: slowwww
Cmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclarke22 View Post
While I respect your opinion, I disagree. I am a consumer, with expectations that a particular product is going to work as advertised. If it does not, the manufacturer is responsible to repair that said problem or refund my hard earned $$. I understand they are "people" at the end of the day - but I was not brought up, nor do I find it acceptable, to make promises that I cannot keep. If I tell someone I'm going to do something (ie - call them back)...you can count on the fact that I'm going to do it. Is this behavior acceptable where you work? I've been performing research, but I'm not a mechanic or Nissan tech - therefore I do not have the requisite knowledge to troubleshoot this issue. I must have faith in the "professionals" to do the job that they are getting paid for. Thanks for your input.
Geez buddy, relax. I'm on your side on this one. They should no doubt solve this problem for you. I'm just saying, the Nissan techs or any dealer tech for that matter, aren't engineers. They're not their to solve unique problems with no specific solutions from the Nissan engineers. If its not in the repair manual, they won't know what to do so they usually throw new parts on and hope it works. They may be "professionals," but as with any profession, not all professionals are skilled equally. You def have a lemon in your hands, but its not like Nissan flat out refused to do any work to your car. I'm sure this situation has been frustrating and not exactly what you had in mind when purchasing a sports car. At this point, you have every right to do what your doing. Nissan has had plenty of chances to resolve your issue. Like I said, I was in a similar situtation with my previous car. Whats to disagree over?

Repair and customer support problems aren't unique to Nissan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7I8jvBqjFA

Last edited by Cmike2780; 07-01-2011 at 11:10 AM.
Cmike2780 is offline   Reply With Quote