View Single Post
Old 06-30-2011, 07:37 PM   #6 (permalink)
djpathfinder
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2012 GT-R BE
djpathfinder has a reputation beyond reputedjpathfinder has a reputation beyond reputedjpathfinder has a reputation beyond reputedjpathfinder has a reputation beyond reputedjpathfinder has a reputation beyond reputedjpathfinder has a reputation beyond reputedjpathfinder has a reputation beyond reputedjpathfinder has a reputation beyond reputedjpathfinder has a reputation beyond reputedjpathfinder has a reputation beyond reputedjpathfinder has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cossie1600 View Post
Great job on your camera mount btw, the only concern I have is safety. Is it really safe to have a cross metal bar behind your headrest like that, would it stab you in the neck should it snap in a T bone accident?

Also I highly recommend capturing your hands for your track shot, the other shots are virtually useless if you want to improve your driving as it doesnt really tell you much.
Are you addressing me? For the video from outside the passenger window the camera was mounted on the OUTSIDE of the car (B pillar) by supplied suction cup...no homemade crossbar used The suction cup makes this thing excellent for motorsports as you can mount it on any smooth surface and it's strong.

My favorit mounting position for learning is to have the camera mounted on the inside of the rear window so that you can see out the windshield, hands, steering wheel and shifter. Plus, no wind noise so you can listen to the beautiful engine and exhaust music!

Last edited by djpathfinder; 06-30-2011 at 07:40 PM.
djpathfinder is offline   Reply With Quote