View Single Post
Old 06-29-2011, 06:52 AM   #3265 (permalink)
happytheman
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: MB 6M Tour/Sport Z34
happytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromG2Z View Post
Make that a Monday too, for people commenting on our cars.

So I took the wife out to dinner tonight for her birthday. Upon returning to my car, a very nice elder gentlemanand his wife were sitting in the car stall next to mine, having some ice cream as it was a gorgeous summer night. Apparently, they've been there a while. As I approach the Z with my wife, the man speaks out, "What kind of car is that???". I proceed to answer accordingly. He goes on to say (I kid you not), "My... That has to be the most beautiful car I have ever seen. They really got the lines right on the car. My wife and I walked around your car and had a real good look at it."

Word for word... that's what he said... Best compliment I have ever gotten for a car I've owned, especially coming from a guy maybe in his 50's or 60's... assuming he's seen his fair share of "beautiful" cars, saying that my Z was one of them, if not the best, says a lot about our cars. Made me feel all giddy inside. We chatted for a while longer, and he was impressed at how our cars cost under 40k... a testament to Nissan design.

Anyways, building off of what I posted this morning, I got the car back from the shop, had the 3M CF rear valence installed, and clear bra for a-pillars and headlights. Here's some pics... forgive the phone quality pics. No DSLR with me. I'll do a better photo shoot this weekend after a good detail. Am really loving the new rear valence look. Much needed to break up all that white in the rear. Draws the attention to my sweet pipes

The 1st pic was also the spot where the old chap was parked next to me... sorry the shot was a little far and quality was low. I zoomed in on my camera phone from the bench across the street as we too ate some ice cream. Since there were a lot of folks out and about, me taking a pic of my own car up close on a busy street prolly wouldn't bode too well.

Nice! I love it when I receive totally unsolicited compliments! Makes me feel so good!

I like the rear valance! in for DSLR pics of it! I've been wondering whether I should get mine done matte, or gloss. I haven't really been planning on CF bits, but only because of the reported yellowing. Any idea how well the CF vinyl will hold up?
https://facebook.com/CentralFloridaZClub