View Single Post
Old 07-19-2009, 08:17 PM   #38 (permalink)
juan05
Enthusiast Member

Drives: nismo 370z black.
juan05 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensi09 View Post
I think some of your guys expectations for the Nismo models are a bit too high. I honestly think it's quite a nice package from the factory.

Looks are subjective, but along with the bodykit, you get wheels, intake, exhaust and a tune. There are other parts included, but if one were to try and build a base model Z in the same manner as the nismo, costs would far exceed the Nismo's MSRP. All in all it represents a good value IMO.

Could you build a faster Z or a better handling Z, sure, but everything done right from the factory with a warranty to boot is very nice to have. Even if you like to mod, I think the nismo would make a nice starting platform.

The Nismo may be marketed as a more "track-ready" Z, and with the improved suspension I think it is, but more "track-ready" or not, Nissan still makes a compromises for a daily driven car and the overall market.

There are many comparisons to M-models and AMG, but there is roughly a 15-20K price difference between say a moderately equipped M3 and a fully loaded 335i coupe. Could Nissan build a Z with more exclusivity and power, I'm sure they can, but really who is going to spend 50K plus on a Z. Bang for the buck is one of the main draw-points for the Z, so if you take that away, there are other options I'd consider. Some people have made comparisons to a GT3 and even a GT3RS, but again look at the price differential and eek, lack of power gain with the 3 and 3RS.
+1
juan05 is offline   Reply With Quote