View Single Post
Old 07-19-2009, 06:52 PM   #33 (permalink)
sensi09
Enthusiast Member

Drives: _
sensi09 has a spectacular aura aboutsensi09 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeBitten View Post
My expectations is to have an oil cooler for a track model especially when the factory tells you you will need one on the lower models "if" you track it. For the Nismo Z not to come standard with an oil cooler for the premium Nissan charges, is a slap to its customers imho. Everything else mentioned can be up for debate of course

As for the i/e/ and tune Ill concede that Nissan is going to promote its in house Nismo products understandably so i dont expect them to use the best aftermarket [in terms of cold hard numbers] i/e and tune we know are available. But they could have at least matched the performance numbers some members are "easily" getting. The i/e/h tune numbers from guys like Semtex, RCZ put the Nismo Z's tweaks to shame and I know they didnt spend anywhere close to 10-15k premium for that.

Check the latest tests fo the Nismo Z vs the regular Z and it aint faster. Why bother paying for a dud. Harsh but until a test validates the 10-15k premium over the other Z models thats what the Nismo Z essentially is. One can spend that 10-15k premium money and make a much better track Z and still keep their warranty imho. Im not looking for unreasonable products. Im sure Nissan has comparable performing products they could have used

1. KW Variant 2-3 suspension for example

2. Dual exhaust/header/intake and tune of your choice

3. Oil cooler of your choice

Add em up and not close to 10k and you will run rings around the Nismo Z thats tested not faster than the normal Z. I still have money left for front brake upgrade or light weight seats. Imagine if I dealt with volume sales for those components like Nissan, Id save even more per item over a model line imho. Just thinking out loud.
Well the oil cooler is a whole different issue. I'd expect every 370Z to be equipped with one or at least be able to handle some hot laps without issue.

I think the nismo represents a good value, but no doubt you can get more gains through aftermarket parts. I've said in my previous post in this thread that you can get more performance through aftermarket parts. I don't think that was ever a question. And when the "15-20K" was brought up, that is in regards to M and AMG models compared to the regular variants. The Nismo does 15K more than a base model. A Z with touring/sports and nav will cost more than a nismo.

I've seen the edmunds test, but that is just one test. I've commented on those threads. After all is said and done, I'd expect the Nismo to be a little faster or maybe the engine parts just don't make much more power. Or the parts make all their power at or near redline which could prove favorable on the track.
sensi09 is offline   Reply With Quote