View Single Post
Old 07-19-2009, 06:38 PM   #30 (permalink)
SnakeBitten
Base Member

Drives: 05 DBZ M6
SnakeBitten will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensi09 View Post
I think some of your guys expectations for the Nismo models are a bit too high. I honestly think it's quite a nice package from the factory.

Looks are subjective, but along with the bodykit, you get wheels, intake, exhaust and a tune. There are other parts included, but if one were to try and build a base model Z in the same manner as the nismo, costs would far exceed the Nismo's MSRP. All in all it represents a good value IMO.

Could you build a faster Z or a better handling Z, sure, but everything done right from the factory with a warranty to boot is very nice to have. Even if you like to mod, I think the nismo would make a nice starting platform.
My expectations is to have an oil cooler for a track model especially when the factory tells you you will need one on the lower models "if" you track it. For the Nismo Z not to come standard with an oil cooler for the premium Nissan charges, is a slap to its customers imho. Everything else mentioned can be up for debate of course

As for the i/e/ and tune Ill concede that Nissan is going to promote its in house Nismo products understandably so i dont expect them to use the best aftermarket [in terms of cold hard numbers] i/e and tune we know are available. But they could have at least matched the performance numbers some members are "easily" getting. The i/e/h tune numbers from guys like Semtex, RCZ put the Nismo Z's tweaks to shame and I know they didnt spend anywhere close to 10-15k premium for that.

Check the latest tests fo the Nismo Z vs the regular Z and it aint faster. Why bother paying for a dud. Harsh but until a test validates the 10-15k premium over the other Z models thats what the Nismo Z essentially is. One can spend that 10-15k premium money and make a much better track Z and still keep their warranty imho. Im not looking for unreasonable products. Im sure Nissan has comparable performing products they could have used

1. KW Variant 2-3 suspension for example

2. Dual exhaust/header/intake and tune of your choice

3. Oil cooler of your choice

Add em up and not close to 10k and you will run rings around the Nismo Z thats tested not faster than the normal Z. I still have money left for front brake upgrade or light weight seats. Imagine if I dealt with volume sales for those components like Nissan, Id save even more per item over a model line imho. Just thinking out loud.

Last edited by SnakeBitten; 07-19-2009 at 06:46 PM.
SnakeBitten is offline   Reply With Quote