View Single Post
Old 06-23-2011, 12:10 PM   #9 (permalink)
Roadster4Us
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Roadster4Us is a name known to allRoadster4Us is a name known to allRoadster4Us is a name known to allRoadster4Us is a name known to allRoadster4Us is a name known to allRoadster4Us is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadoquad View Post
It's horrible.

I cannot justify anyone touching a motor vehicle when they've had too much to drink, and it happens all the time. I'll miss Dunn as a performer. Too many people drive drunk in this country, and the government's attempts at fixing the problem have been inadequate.

If someone has a string of DUI's, then fining them into debt and taking away their transportation to/from work is not going to stop their behavior. It's going to spiral them deeper into depression, which feeds their addiction. We should be treating the alcoholism that is the cause of the irresponsible behavior.

/rant
I agree with you but the big issue with your sound statement is that these people have to first recognize they have an issue and then want and accept help and unfortunately many don't. You just can't force people to admit their problem and take the steps to fix it. Look at All the people that go into rehab, not just volunterily, but forced and how many go right back to it after they get out. It's pretty sad, not just for them but for all the people they negativley touch.

2013 Camaro ZL1
Roadster4Us is offline   Reply With Quote