View Single Post
Old 06-22-2011, 08:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
onzedge
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z 240Z
onzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic370 View Post
It may not fit here but here goes.. Sorry to hear about Ryan Dunn's
accident and death. Drinking and driving at 130mph or any speed is very dangerous. Not hear to preach just a statement.

But do have a question. I will admit I've driven before in the past when i shouldn't have wised up and not anymore. But when i did i always drove
slower not faster. you know speed kills. any comments on this tragic loss.
This is a tough one to comment on because I could write a book about the topic -- from personal experience.

Who knows what goes on in people's heads or hearts that compel them to cast aside rational thinking and cause this kind of damage? My heart goes out to the families this tragedy impacted and I am reminded that, but for the grace of God, this could have been anyone or any of us.

Before I took my last drink almost 11 years ago, I know I did supremely stupid, reckless and dangerous things (including behind the wheel stuff). Some of these I actually remember. This could have easily been me in an event like this, but I am not well-known outside my little circle so no one would know.

We need to reach out to those around us who are in trouble like this. People who are in it rarely know it.