View Single Post
Old 06-22-2011, 06:53 AM   #15 (permalink)
happytheman
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: MB 6M Tour/Sport Z34
happytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich1 View Post
So I'm close to getting the 370z but had a couple of hang ups and was wondering how other owners were dealing with the issue.

1. Door handles: I know they are unique to the Z but with the way that they open do you have any issues on a day to day basis when you're carrying something like a drink.
2. Door edges: The door edge which is a bit sharp from the trim sticks out a bit from the window edge. Has it ever cause any issues when you accidently scraped yourself?
3. Accessing behind the seat: I know that I'm not buy the Z for storage but on the models I've checked out there doesn't seem to be a quick way to access the little nook behind the seat for storage. Is the leaning into the car and across the seat to reach the power seats the only way?
4. Rear view - How do you find the visibility out the back? I noticed because of the slope it seems quite limited.

Any advice on the above would be great. Thanks!
First of all, welcome to the community! Hopefully the answers you get herein assist with your purchasing endeavors.

1) I have never had issues holding a drink and opening ANY car door. Do you spill your coffee on you when asked what time it is? If so, then you've got bigger issues.

2)I've not noticed any sharp edges on the door, and I suppose that I would've by now as I have limited space when getting in and out while within my garage.

3) I generally keep what I need to grab behind the passenger seat, and don't ever have to tilt it forward or anything. I just grab it while sitting in the vehicle. If I do keep something behind the driver's seat it's not too strenuous to reach behind myself to grab whatever I need.

4)The rear view does take about two minute to get used to. When lane changing, I find that when turning my head to look back, I can see through the back hatch relatively well. Besides that, the side view mirrors are excellent. My '92 CRX was just as bad.

I have to admit that these are extremely minor concerns and not "show stoppers" if you will. You have got to go test drive the Z. I can only assume you haven't because I would suppose that these questions would have been answered.

Good luck, and keep us updated!
https://facebook.com/CentralFloridaZClub

happytheman is offline   Reply With Quote