View Single Post
Old 06-21-2011, 06:19 PM   #8 (permalink)
Corporate666
Base Member

Drives: 02 BMW 3
Corporate666 is on a distinguished road

It's still up in the air whether I will be getting a Z... I hope it works out, but if not, I won't be heartbroken.

The dealer is a couple hours drive away. It's a leftover 2010 model, so right off the bat its' worth $2k less than a 2011 ($2k is about the depreciation difference between model years, plus the '11 comes with the backup camera), and 2011's are going for $1k below invoice.

I am happy to pay $3k off invoice - which is less than forum dealers were selling 2010's for earlier this year. This car has been sitting around for at *least* a year (since I imagine the last 2010's were produced around May/June 2010, right?).

I think the dealer realizes they need to make a solid deal on this car to move it, and I am a willing buyer if they come through on that solid deal.

The dealer said they would go with my price, but wanted me to drive out there to check out my trade. It's too easy to just lowball me on the trade and tell me they are selling the Z to me for thousands under invoice... so I am holding out for $3k off invoice with all dealer fees included (no BS documentation fees, advertising fees, etc, etc). Obviously taxes, title, tag is separate to that, but I think that is a fair price for a leftover 2010 that's been sitting around for a year.

If they don't want to sell it for that, no worries - I am happy to order a gunmetal gray 2012 model with an auto, or pick up any one of numerous 2011's for $1k below invoice.

I shall keep y'all posted.
Corporate666 is offline   Reply With Quote