View Single Post
Old 06-21-2011, 09:48 AM   #69 (permalink)
happytheman
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: MB 6M Tour/Sport Z34
happytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvl View Post
Hmm...I don't think you really have seen just how half cocked some responses can get on the inter tubes. Folks are kind here so far

Your chief complaint is something quite subjective. How do you quantify quality of a sound?

IMHO I think the engine sounds well matched below 5K. This is mostly from the dual OEM intakes and engineering involved. To my ears, its a sports car growl of its own identity. V6's don't tend to be the easiest engines to tune for sound from my experience. The 3.7 is quite different then the 3.5 in our 06 G35 for example. Very similar engines with significantly different engineering.

Changing the intakes to CAIs and such will remove any of the OEM engineering used to quash various frequencies and resonance that will change the sound without a doubt. Will you like it? Depends what you like, but you will need to hear it first and only you can be the judge.

If the only black mark on the Z is the sound from your perspective, then only you can decide if the entire package which includes the tactile responses, looks, and feel is enough to overcome the aural short comings from your perspective.

- b
Outstanding response!

+1 Rep
https://facebook.com/CentralFloridaZClub