View Single Post
Old 06-18-2011, 11:58 PM   #365 (permalink)
docaam
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Z34/240z/Hakosuka
docaam has a reputation beyond reputedocaam has a reputation beyond reputedocaam has a reputation beyond reputedocaam has a reputation beyond reputedocaam has a reputation beyond reputedocaam has a reputation beyond reputedocaam has a reputation beyond reputedocaam has a reputation beyond reputedocaam has a reputation beyond reputedocaam has a reputation beyond reputedocaam has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold K. View Post
It is if you have an exhaust that has flex sections like our Invidia. People have been cracking Invidias using test pipes or HFCs without the brace. Getting a replacement flex section. Cracking that in a month. Getting another and then reinstalling the brace and never experiencing another crack again.

There's a thread about this from esfourteen. You have to install the brace back on.

Edit: And notice how everyone talking about rattles has an Invidia? It's no coincidence. Without the brace, you're putting too much stress on the exhaust's flex sections.
Any picture how the brace is attached as when I ask my installer to put it on he said it's not possible some alteration is required. Does it need some new support points?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 370Z JT View Post
yea i read that thread. I just went by Tony's word and didnt put it on. Maybe that's why im hearing a possible leak that started 2 days ago. Will get under the car tomorrow to check it out. Will a leak at the flex joint cause the SES to go on?

Also, did you guys contact Invidia directly for the replacement flex joints?
sorry to hear about that
docaam is offline   Reply With Quote