View Single Post
Old 06-14-2011, 11:02 PM   #13 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcussoori View Post
Now, back to the original question: is it possible to take my car to the dealer to have the snow mode switch installed and related transmission/engine functionality enabled? As far as the switch is concerned, does it replace the blank button cover on the 7AT shift plate surround?
I don't have any inside knowledge, but my presumption would be that merely adding the switch is probably insufficient. It's probably new software in the ECU and/or TCM for the 2011 model, that the 2009 wouldn't have had (and flashing your way up to a new model year generally isn't a viable plan either due to other incompatible minor changes in wiring/sensors/etc, and is probably prevented by the ECU part number anyways).

I tried 2nd-gear-start by upclicking before taking off today, and that doesn't work either. But still, the bottom line is while the Snow Mode is nice, you can get the same effect by adjusting your driving habits. There's nothing magic about snow mode really that careful gear selection and throttle/brake control can't accomplish (which you'll have to be mindful of regardless of snow mode anyways).