View Single Post
Old 06-14-2011, 10:28 AM   #2 (permalink)
Megan370z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z
Megan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pty370z View Post
Hi everyone,

I have UpRev Cipher which I use to monitor the sensors in my Z and took advantage of the on-board wideband O2 sensors to check how my A/F ratio is during cruising and during acceleration all the way to red line..

My doubt starts here:
I've read many times throughout forum posts that as you install breathing bolt-on mods you end up having a leaner mixture..

AFAIK, the lower the number on the A/F ratio reading means it's RICH and the higher the number on the A/F ratio reading means it's LEAN.

So, during idle, for example, my A/F ratio is in the 14-15 range which is cool..

The thing is, when I push on the pedal and take it to red line my A/F ratio starts getting richer, and richer, and richer... At around 7,000rpm I'm looking at an A/F ratio of 10-11... IS THIS NORMAL?

Also, I noticed than when I let off the pedal and let the engine start decelerating, the A/F ratio bumped up and maxed out at constant 30. IS THIS NORMAL..??

I appreciate your comments and thanks in advance!
getting 10-11 AFR at 7000rpm is way to rich !!

and if you let off the pedal which mean you stop fuel delivery , the result of this is you get only air reading ( 30 which is probably the limit on your sensor)
Megan370z is offline   Reply With Quote