Thread: need advice
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2009, 08:02 AM   #5 (permalink)
Cjanik
Track Member

Drives: N/A
Cjanik has a spectacular aura aboutCjanik has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by edeeZee View Post
That is a steal. You're probably forgetting to add in destination charge.

BTW, not to sound like a bubble burster, but I can't stand similar threads like these. I'll explain. When you and so many other potential 370 buyers ask ?'s like, "is this a good deal....?" There are gonna be so many responses. But you get a lot of people saying things like, "you could shave off more..." or "try this, you might be able to cut some more off..." etc.

So many different people are going to plant in your head w/ all sorts of different seeds. And you know what? This is going to lead you to think, that even at invoice, there's more room to negotiate. Sure, there's VPP, but it's limited to a certain # of people, not everyone will gain this benefit.

Nissan doesn't build 370Z's at $0.60 on the dollar, but some people seem to point in this direction. In other words, a $35,000 MSRP doesn't mean Nissan's cost of this car is $21,000 and there is like $14,000 to play with. But people seem to have this sort of selective reasoning.

Bottom line, if you can get the car at invoice or a few hundred to several hundred dollars above invoice, then you're getting a good deal.

Good luck.

The way I see it:
The dealers do their best to rip us off. If they could sell us a car for MSRP, with tint fee's, window etching for $399.00, "coat sealant", $299.00 for a "door guard" (piece of tape on the doors - not kidding), Desert package (DPP) which is basically a car wash every 6 months, etc etc etc

and not feel bad about riping us off...then guess what, I feel good about ripping the dealership off. I hate it when people say "The dealer needs to make money, dont haggle below invoice, it isnt right". They will rape you blind if you let them, so guess what Im going to try to return the favor.

there is only a few dealers worth the money and its guys like Lou, but they are a very rare find.

Last edited by Cjanik; 07-17-2009 at 08:04 AM.
Cjanik is offline   Reply With Quote