View Single Post
Old 06-13-2011, 09:17 AM   #133 (permalink)
m4a1mustang
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: on two wheels
m4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon@AAMComp View Post
Vettel normally displays driving masterclass in wet conditions (see Monza 2008), so I was surprised he didn't pull this one out. That goes to show you what one lapse in concentration does in F1. I have to say, I saw a mistake coming, with the way Button was applying intense pressure to Seb to keep a cool drive on the last lap. But credit to Button for drawing the mistake and taking advantage. Seb is still killing it in drivers standings, and as long as he stays consistent, he should be taking another driver's crown come Brazil this year.

On a side note, which of the McLaren drivers was in the wrong earlier in the race?
Re: Vettel -- his tires were shot anyways. Whether he lost it there or not Button was still going to fly by him down the straight with the DRS. I don't know about you guys, but I feel like the DRS gives the chasing driver too much of an advantage... it virtually guarantees a successful pass.

Re: McLaren drivers -- I think it was a racing incident. You could say Button shouldn't have come down and you could say that Hamilton should have backed off, but at the end of the day it was hard racing and you know that both Lewis and Jensen have no ill-will towards one another.
LIKE us on Facebook!
m4a1mustang is offline   Reply With Quote