View Single Post
Old 06-11-2011, 02:40 PM   #21 (permalink)
esfourteen
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 40th TT
esfourteen has much to be proud ofesfourteen has much to be proud ofesfourteen has much to be proud ofesfourteen has much to be proud ofesfourteen has much to be proud ofesfourteen has much to be proud ofesfourteen has much to be proud ofesfourteen has much to be proud ofesfourteen has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to esfourteen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
first of all $7-8k is what I spent for the kit and installation. And no, i'm not referring to RCZ's numbers...i'm referring to mine which were 390whp/282tq. And FYI, was the same dyno that RCZ had his tuned. So i say from experience with the Stillen kit, that the torque IS a negative factor with the kit. Even on the dynojet it's only getting 335 lb torque. This kit doesn't get any power unless you are in the high rpm range unlike what i've heard from others that have the gtm where the power comes on in the low end.
ok, $8k installed is different, I thought you were referring to the cost of the kit. your numbers were close to RCZ's then, did you dyno your car stock on that dyno? As for 335tq being low on a dyno jet, compared to what? From what I've seen the GTM stage 1 SC put down similar torque (just look at the dynos GTM provides, +90 tq over stock), and looking at graphs it comes on in the same manner (linear of course). The only time ive seen the SC kits making more torque was with stock cats, which apparently won't last long due to the power/pressure? Looking at the facts I don't see how these kits are not comparable.
esfourteen is offline   Reply With Quote