View Single Post
Old 06-11-2011, 10:52 AM   #12 (permalink)
esfourteen
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 40th TT
esfourteen has much to be proud ofesfourteen has much to be proud ofesfourteen has much to be proud ofesfourteen has much to be proud ofesfourteen has much to be proud ofesfourteen has much to be proud ofesfourteen has much to be proud ofesfourteen has much to be proud ofesfourteen has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to esfourteen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPOHN View Post
What experience do you have to have to recognize junk. It was junk in the 350Z era. I've been around more than enough to know. Seen it first hand.

I have no personal experience eating crap but I know to stay away from it.
The term "junk" is being used in this thread, please can someone elaborate on what exactly is junk about the stillen kit?

The tune that comes with it is obviously not the best tune you can get, they are going after that CARB approval after all so its certainly not as aggressive. People run it never the less and their cars work perfectly fine. Some people have experienced drivability issues (after the car is warm for example), but the same is true for GTM kits as well, its all about the tune there. I personally wouldn't run any unit without a dyno tune but that comes from bad experiences with canned tunes.

The vortech V3 is a great blower and multiple power levels are attainable by changing pullies/impeller. In stock form it makes similar power to a stage 1 gtm, when modified it has made numbers closer to the new stage 2 gtm. The limit to power with this blower is what the engine and IC setup can handle, not the unit itself. Is 400-500hp "junk"?

The intercooler is a very efficient air-water setup built into the intake manifold, this is probably the only "weak" point if you wanted to run big power with this car (more power then the stock block can handle). The compact design makes it incredibly easy to install and no FMIC blocking air flow to oil coolers/radiator. Another benefit is the lack of heat soak when stopped as the water is constantly being pumped through the heat exchanger/IC.
esfourteen is offline   Reply With Quote