View Single Post
Old 06-08-2011, 01:04 PM   #22 (permalink)
FromG2Z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '12 5.0, kona, 6MT
FromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armonster View Post
But arguing that the manufacturer's recommendation is the only correct/safe/best way to do something, simply because it's in the manual (and without knowing why it's in the manual), is a bit short sighted in my opinion.
Why would the manufacturer's recommendations NOT be the best way to handle THEIR product? I don't think I necessarily need to know "why" it's stated in the manual to follow. They're the experts. They're who I follow.

Now if I was an automotive engineer who did some testing on what results proper break in (under 4k rpm) yields, maybe I could question what they say. With how you broke in your car (1/2 and 1/2), what evidence do you have that you helped or hindered the longevity/performance/power/etc of your engine? Without proper proof or proper testing, any results you have are circumstantial. If you do have proof and did tear down your engine or did other forms of testing, I stand corrected and will fully accept your claim.

But until then, I will follow what my manufacturer recommends.
2012 5.0 GT Prem, Kona Blue, 6MT, HID, Brembo, 3.73 -- Ordered: 9/20/11, Born on: 10/20/11, Delivered 11/15/11"Marilyn" GT500 mufflers/flaps, MGW shifter, FRPP K springs, BMR panhard bar, Boss coil covers, 3DC spoiler, Llumar Tint (35% and 20%), 3M ClearBra

Last edited by FromG2Z; 06-08-2011 at 01:07 PM.
FromG2Z is offline   Reply With Quote