View Single Post
Old 07-16-2009, 11:26 AM   #8 (permalink)
SnakeBitten
Base Member

Drives: 05 DBZ M6
SnakeBitten will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGWTFBBQ View Post
Exhaust prices on what site? 370ztune.com?

Sorry, if you wanted cheap exhausts, you should have gotten a Civic haha. The reason why they're so expensive is because some of them are made out of titanium, not stainless steel. Plus, each and every one has been specifically designed for a purpose. Some of them are engineered to be lighter than the competition. Some are designed for weight savings. Some are designed for maximum horsepower gain. Some are designed for purely sound/aesthetics. This R&D process isn't cheap.

There are still a bunch of exhausts that 370ztune sells that are pretty darn affordable. $1500 for an exhaust is pretty good.
Thank you Captain Obvious I know the reasons as I can read But the prices are shocking nontheless hence my "Good Lord" outburst. Its not for the feint of wallet. Full Powercraft exhaust would be close to 8k. Only for the most well heeled amounst us especially considering the performance to cost ratio. Id love for someone to bolt one of these systems up and dyno it vs the cheaper Stillen etc setup and see how much power difference there is. I would hope it would be substantial.