View Single Post
Old 06-05-2011, 01:04 AM   #46 (permalink)
98intrigue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2014 Viper
98intrigue has a reputation beyond repute98intrigue has a reputation beyond repute98intrigue has a reputation beyond repute98intrigue has a reputation beyond repute98intrigue has a reputation beyond repute98intrigue has a reputation beyond repute98intrigue has a reputation beyond repute98intrigue has a reputation beyond repute98intrigue has a reputation beyond repute98intrigue has a reputation beyond repute98intrigue has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to 98intrigue

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusional View Post
im pretty sure it'll cost way over $6-7k for F.I. some guys over here went to get a quote on the price and it came out to around $13k for everything. personally, i think its very expensive for a "mod" where you can't fully use its full potential on the streets but that's just me. and it kills the reliability of the car. the shop said that under 500whp, you'll need an engine rebuild at around 60k miles which would be another ~$7k according to them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeSS View Post
i didn't read this whole thread, but i am just going to say what i think from first post. if you have a second car to drive, and want to spend a lot of money then do it. but i must say the engine is not going to last long. with high boost. but if you put a lot of money into a car and go balls deep, i am sure it can last longer.
i know a guy with a 700WHP 350z. its a 2004, and he still has the car to this day. only has about 35k miles on it. spent 80k total on the car. the car is completely custom built , even engine. his runs VERY strong under high boost.

honestly i wont go FI , unless you wanna drop a lot of money.
Lets not spread any false information... this thread may be worthwhile to people on the fence about going FI.

The VQ37VHR is still relatively a new engine. It has not been pushed to its limits long enough to find its breaking point/weak points. No one knows that 500whp at 50k miles will require a rebuilt engine. That's the risk all of the FI guys are taking because no one knows...

I've only heard of 1 blown engine and that was with a Stillen SC, which means low power. Does that mean our motors are not safe at 450whp? No. The owner installed headers and didn't retune. That's the end user's fault.

Right now, it's all a guessing game.