View Single Post
Old 06-05-2011, 12:34 AM   #119 (permalink)
WorkinMan
Base Member

Drives: ARREST ME RED '13 MT
WorkinMan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red__Zed View Post
Depends on your local laws. In VA, the glovebox is good enough, so that's where it goes. I pretty much never leave my piece in the car though.

I rarely go to places I can't carry, and I try to leave the piece at the house when I do.
Although SC allows concealed carry and NFA items, etc, the state is still behind times otherwise. I cannot carry into an establishment like a Ruby Tuesday's because they serve alcohol, for instance. That I don't indulge while there is irrelevant. If I'm planning on going to several other places where I feel I ought to carry then I need to be able to make my sidearm safe and store it while eating or plan on eating somewhere else. If I'm traveling, the same applies if the locale I'm visiting (I have permits from several states that pretty well cover reciprocity, also) has similar restrictions. If I am to leave the firearm in the vehicle I want to be as certain as possible that some cretin doesn't just break into my vehicle but also end up with my firearm also. Due to the limited space available, I'll have to rig up a simple solution.
WorkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote