View Single Post
Old 06-02-2011, 12:21 PM   #9 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Thumper View Post
Needed for track use? I guess spirited driving with the 7AT is cool, but if you wanted a track car why not 6MT?

FYI, my car is 7AT too.
Kind of off-topic and it's already been beat to death elsewhere. The 6MT is known to be superior for tracking driving, but my car is mixed-use over the long term and it was my decision. I still think it will be quite trackable in M-mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 370z owner View Post
i have the stillen trans cooler installed. however i also have the CSF radiator installed. so in total i have two trans coolers. i also had concerns about topping of my trans oil however i wasnt going to waste 500 on a change as the dealer told me that the Z's come with super long lasting trans oil. so far the cooler works great and i feel it by not having any lag time in between shifting. Also the CFS radiator works great and my A/C is super cold.
The stock radiator has a trans cooler inside it like the CSF unit as well. It wasn't too hard the first time around to prevent losing any serious amount of fluid during the hose-swapping process, but as mentioned above I had to back out to sort out this hose diameter issue. Hopefully the second time around it will be relatively spill-free as well.

Did you do the Stillen AT cooler install yourself, or was it a shop? Any idea if they saw a hose/tube size mismatch, and/or how they dealt (or didn't) with it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by advan37 View Post
What is the size of Stillen trans cooler ? is it 13 row?
Main will be 19 rows serious 1.
The Stillen kit ships Setrab's 19-row Series 1, which is much smaller than Stillen's engine oil cooler uses. It looks sufficient enough to be helpful though, and if I need more down the road I could always swap coolers while keeping the same lines and fittings.

In other news, still no response to my two emails to Stillen. Between this and the ******** I put up with over their ill-fitting first-generation catback a couple of years ago, Stillen's pretty much on my ****-list as a vendor now.

Last edited by wstar; 06-02-2011 at 12:27 PM.
wstar is offline   Reply With Quote