Thread: Venaci Wheels?
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2011, 01:01 PM   #280 (permalink)
docaam
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Z34/240z/Hakosuka
docaam has a reputation beyond reputedocaam has a reputation beyond reputedocaam has a reputation beyond reputedocaam has a reputation beyond reputedocaam has a reputation beyond reputedocaam has a reputation beyond reputedocaam has a reputation beyond reputedocaam has a reputation beyond reputedocaam has a reputation beyond reputedocaam has a reputation beyond reputedocaam has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt@UAMotorsports View Post

but enough of the offtopic...

docaam you may be right it may be the importers that bulk the containers but then again alot of people are asking for $4000+ wheels with a $2500 budget... The importers may have to cut costs where they can to stay profitable. (I am not saying this is what happened) Air freight to Atlanta, GA from Japan was like $1200+ when I was last quoted...

If I had to guess Rick was asked an ETA so he called the factory/transport and was given an ETA then said ETA did not come through and customer gets angry and calls again.... Rick follows the same method and so the cycle repeats itself until Rick gets the wheels stateside... Outside of the delays I havent heard of Rick not coming through on an order and I have heard him offer refunds to people who werent patient enough to wait for their wheels and the funny thing is most of the time they probably decline the refund and wait like everyone else and get their wheels in the end.
I think quotes depends on the discount rate shipper is getting, I sold my sunline kit to one guy in california, and UPS quoted me 1900$ to ship to california then got it done through one freight company for 700$ that also through UPS same three days service.

Coming to topic, personally I dont expect vendor to check with manufacturer and inform customer and when checks again then keep on doing it without taking any action for the delay, there shouldn't be any cycle running as you said it means customer is not important for ordering and manufacturing facility, it can happen once/twice for few customers but not for everyone again and again.