View Single Post
Old 05-30-2011, 07:20 PM   #52 (permalink)
MacCool
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z PW 2014
MacCool has a spectacular aura aboutMacCool has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNKNOWN_370 View Post
I didn't get cited for running a stop. And he didn't get cited for speeding as far as I know. I have video proof I stopped. My car was rammed and thrown 150ft from his impact to me... if he did the speed limit which was 35mph. There would have been know way I would have ended so far from POI. I never made it past 15mph and immediately braked. He didn't brake or anything. He let the impact slow him down.
If the cops did accident reconstruction, they could go back, check starting and ending car positions, skid marks etc and determine the Ford's speed, but if there were no personal injuries and no citations, no way would they bother. You could have paid to have it reconstructed if you had photos, but probably too late now.

No proof that the Ford was speeding, but what is indisputable is that you pulled out in front of him. Your insurance company will likely call it failure to yield on your part and they'll carry the whole burden on this one, your Z and the Ford. Neighbor will likely file a claim with your insurance too, but it will be at most up to the limit of your PI liability, and even then only if he can prove some kind of real monetary loss, like hospital bills or days off work.

Sorry for your loss.
MacCool is offline   Reply With Quote