View Single Post
Old 05-29-2011, 10:07 PM   #8 (permalink)
Cell
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: A Garbage Truck
Cell has a reputation beyond reputeCell has a reputation beyond reputeCell has a reputation beyond reputeCell has a reputation beyond reputeCell has a reputation beyond reputeCell has a reputation beyond reputeCell has a reputation beyond reputeCell has a reputation beyond reputeCell has a reputation beyond reputeCell has a reputation beyond reputeCell has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtrat View Post
I guess I'll play the devils advocate here. I purchased my Nissan Factory extended warranty (Gold Preferred) 96 month, 120,000 mile for a little over $1800. IMHO this gives me a big piece of mind for a $38,600 purchase on my 2011 Touring/Sport/Nav. I can think of many things that can go wrong on this car besides the power train that can cost several hundred dollars to repair. This is a very complicated car and repairs especially from the dealer are not cheap. This warranty also covers unlimited Roadside Assistance so if you have AAA you can drop that coverage. It even covers belts and hoses. I don't plan on keeping this car for 8 years but I guarentee this transferable warranty will be a HUGE selling point to whoever buys my car and will increase my resell value.
I had my RSX-S for 6.5 years. The extended warrenty was around 1800 dollars when they were trying to sell it to me. I believe that the regular warrenty with the car was 4 years.

Basically the last 2.5 years I had the car that was out of warrenty, I only spent around 1200 to fix different problems that came up. This doesn't include wear and tear (tires, oil, oil filter, fluids) items as those are usually not under warrenty. Basically the most expensive part was the clutch and that was about it.
Cell is offline   Reply With Quote