View Single Post
Old 05-27-2011, 07:13 AM   #34 (permalink)
Megan370z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z
Megan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckd05 View Post
also the tuner said my car wasnt taking as much timing as some other Zs he did... it would kick it back around 25 where other Zs take 28-29 degrees of advancement uptop..

also vvel adds 7 degrees of timing at idle for some reason.. another thing he said is unique to my car... I have no idea what to make of that though lol

But PPE headers seem to be worth something atleast

since I have some problem with my Z
Ive been trying to figure out what is the problem and at the same time I found some info about your 7 degres of IGN timing

everything is found in the FSM

the spec are 10+- 5 degree at IDLE

and at the ECU diagnosis Information

IGN TIMING
• Engine: After warming up
• Selector lever: P or N (A/T), Neutral
(M/T)
• Air conditioner switch: OFF
• No load
Idle 7° BTDC
2,000 rpm 25° - 45° BTDC

so my car is Out of spec and even Uprev cannot change my IGN
Im at 0 BTDC at idle and to do the Idle air volume learning there is a sequence to be done and if the basix spec arent met , the procedure cannot be done properly.
Megan370z is offline   Reply With Quote