Thread: P90x
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2011, 01:30 PM   #69 (permalink)
shaun66
Track Member

Drives: MB 370z 7AT
shaun66 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjaden View Post
I use a site called Trueprotein.com because they carry 20 different kinds of protein and allow you to create a customized blend.

Due to my Whey allergy I use a blend of

30% Egg White Protein
30% Non - GMO Brown Rice Protein
40% Non - GMO Soy Isolate (Contains no phyto estrogens)

I add protease enzyme to the blend to help in the digestion of the protein, and Premium Dutch Chocolate Fudge flavouring.

This is not ideal for everyone, just what I use due to a whey allergy.

I do strongly suggest you checkout the site tho, they offer a MUCH cheaper price than anything you will find in stores, have 6 different kinds of whey protein depending on your needs and wants and over 20 different flavours.

Really your best bet is to order 2 different proteins. A very fast acting Whey like Whey Protein Isolate Cross Flow Microfiltration (This just means it has been broken down and filtered over and over to make a very pure, fast absorbing protein) mix it with a scoop of Waxy Maize (Which they also sell very cheaply) and drink that after working out.

Then order another slower absorption protein such as Whey Protein Concentrate and mix it with a tablespoon of flax oil or 3-6-9 Oil and drink 1-2 Shakes a day as a snack.

It's a great way to bump up your daily protein, keep you from feeling hungry, and also take care of your joints by adding the oils.

I know it sounds like a lot but it's pretty basic.

Right after the gym your body wants protein and glucose FAST. The best way is a super fast acting pure protein and a simple carb such as waxy maize.

The rest of the day you want to stabilize your blood sugar levels and curb cravings, the best way to do this is a slow acting protein, mixed with a healthy fat.

If you have any more questions feel free to fire away. I've been training for 14 years and for a 6'5 ectomorph I can now regularly manipulate my bodyweight from 185lbs when cutting (my earlier picture) to make a fight, up to 215lbs when I want to 'muscle up' pretty easily.

P.S. If anyone wants to place an order at True Protein feel free to use my 5% discount code. ALK120
That was so informative thanks
shaun66 is offline   Reply With Quote