View Single Post
Old 05-24-2011, 03:13 PM   #9 (permalink)
ChrisSlicks
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Sport M6
ChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged View Post
Even dynos of the same brand can vary. Depending on how the Mustang dyno is setup can have a big impact on numbers. I have seen very low reading Mustangs, and super high reading. Dynos have never been accurate measurement devices, as there are far too many variables to control for. They are better for taking relative measurements for before/after dyno tuning. The delta is all that matters.
I agree. There is no rock solid calibration, and even a different gear gives completely different results. I didn't pick up any significant peak power with my tune, but we did fatten up the middle and got rid of a couple of tip in gremlins and the car drives much nicer as a result. Looking forward to the track test.