View Single Post
Old 05-23-2011, 03:12 PM   #1783 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by XwChriswX View Post
Then how are other people managing to do their dyno's in the correct gear and still hitting redline? No tunes...??

The 6MT guys have no problem doing a dyno in 5th, and that's the right gear for them. The limitations I'm talking about are with the 7AT. 7AT has a rear diff ratio of 3.357:1 whereas the 6MT has 3.692:1, which is why they have different speed ranges in 5th even though 5th is "1.0" on both transmissions.

You can remove the speed limiter with UpRev, etc to get around it, or just dyno in 4th. FWIW, on Dyno Dynamics we pulled in 3/4/5 on my 7AT in the past and didn't see any significant difference (up to the limit in 5 anyways). Some dynos are more susceptible to gearing difference than others, depends on the measuring methodology I think.