View Single Post
Old 05-17-2011, 09:26 PM   #67 (permalink)
marcussoori
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 370Z Red AT Sport
marcussoori is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonp View Post
I disagree that the interior is dated, except the audio system.

It has one of the simplest, well designed climate control systems I've ever used in a car - minimal buttons, clear functions for each, easy access to every adjustment - it is very similar to the 370Z in function, but without the funny button locations.

It is lacking multimedia controls on the steering wheel, but has two button cruise control on the wheel (press both to cancel), has a locking down cruise control on/off on the stalk (none of this turn on every time you start), and every stalk is perfectly placed, with the turn signal being especially easy to use in momentary or locked mode.

Compared to the 370Z, everything works well with gloves or not, and you never accidentally change tracks when you are turning.

Except for the odometer, dash instruments are clear, clearly visible even at night, and exactly what you need.

I don't think the 370Z is bad, but I don't think the NSX has anything to apologize for either.

One of the first trips I took in the NSX (besides driving it 4 hours home) was to take it to a mechanic in Nashville - about an eight hour trip and it was perfectly comfortable the entire way.

Yes, the NSX has the best instrument cluster and turn signal stalk (and manual transmission/shift lever feel) of any car I've owned.

But I disagree about the climate control in the NSX...the 370Z's is simpler looking and easier to use, in my opinion.
Stillen CBE & G3 LTIs, Motordyne M370, Berk HFCs, H&R 15/20mm spacers, CiNcity headlights, yellow OEM strut brace, Password: JDM CF engine bay parts, EVO-R CF front bumper parts, CF "Z" badge, VIS CF hood, Fujimura CF "diffuser", Show-N-Go plate frame, Katzkin red interior, interior CF, Pioneer BT-90 full system, Viper SmartStart
marcussoori is offline   Reply With Quote