View Single Post
Old 05-12-2011, 09:12 PM   #144 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue370tt View Post
A few things:
1. Your car is not my car and I have no shift delay in M or D mode.
That's physically impossible. You have a measurable delay on the shifts themselves (time to complete), which is what you'd be measuring in D-mode, and there's an additional reaction-to-input time in M-mode.

Quote:
2. In stock form, with non pro drivers, the 7AT has proven to be faster.
(How can that be if....as you say.....ITS HEAVIER.....SHIFTS SLOWER....
and.....IS NOT AS EFFICIENT?????)
It gets better times in the 1/4 mile in general, we've established that. It doesn't shift faster (* although I'll concede with tuning and upgrades, it might be faster than a slow-*** 6MT shifter in drag-race shift times in D), and it isn't capable of being as efficient at transmitting power in gear on average. Again, it's physics.

Quote:
3. You cant imply/expect every 7AT car and driving experience to be the same as your car. I dont think I have the fastest 370....BUT....if you were to ride in MY CAR.....your opinion on the 7AT would change.
I have no doubt with your line pressure upgrades, your 7AT is snappier than mine, that's really not at issue here.

Quote:
4. Z1 Motorsports has done several 370 GTM TT installs (including a Nismo). Mine was the first 370 they did and they EXPECTED the 6MT to be more stout when they finally TT'd one. To their surprise IT WASNT. According to John @ Z1: All things being = (boost, mods etc..) my car was faster/stronger. NOT MY WORDS....JOHNS.
I'll let that stand on its own. Don't know what to make of that statement really.

Quote:
5. You seem to only be able to see things from your cars point of view.....No where on this forum have I heard anyone else talk about a shift lag on their 7AT in M or D mode. Based on this, I think you need a tranny tune or that the issue is individual to your car.
Nope, mine's pretty normal. This was all hashed out a couple of years ago among the first 7AT owners. Most 7AT drivers aren't manual drivers, they really have nothing to compare to experience-wise.

Quote:
6. If you need more information about the Osiris tranny tune you should call John @ Z1 motorsports for the details on how its done. He was the one who did my tranny tune.
7. This topic (tranny tuning) has been heavily discussed on this forum for many months/a year. Originally, it was passionately discussed because 1 person on this forum (Shumby) blew his tranny up when he added an SC to his 7AT 370. Because of this perceived possible issue, we were all (FI people) trying to do what we could to potentially prevent this. So again, while its new to you, this is about my 20th discussion on this.
I've been away for a while, but I did catch up on all the problem threads about FI + 7AT. It's one of the reasons I dropped FI off of any immediate plans of mine, I don't want to deal with the additional tranny hassle.

Quote:
8. Lastly, if you feel your tranny is inferior then go buy a 6MT. I dont and I am done with this conversation.
The 7AT is factually inferior for track driving, line pressure upgrades or not. It's still a great tradeoff for me, and I like mine, as I've stated several times already. Get a grip.