View Single Post
Old 07-09-2009, 11:59 AM   #13 (permalink)
DannyGT
Track Member

Drives: 370Z (SOLD)
DannyGT has a reputation beyond reputeDannyGT has a reputation beyond reputeDannyGT has a reputation beyond reputeDannyGT has a reputation beyond reputeDannyGT has a reputation beyond reputeDannyGT has a reputation beyond reputeDannyGT has a reputation beyond reputeDannyGT has a reputation beyond reputeDannyGT has a reputation beyond reputeDannyGT has a reputation beyond reputeDannyGT has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZKindaGuy View Post
There is NO problem or defect...I had the same issue until I discovered that I was putting a very slight downward pressure on the shift knob when trying to go into 6th gear. This engages an anticipated prep for going into REVERSE. However because the car is moving forward the REVERSE shift lock gets engaged obviously for safety reasons. This prevents any upshift into 6th AND into REVERSE and causes you to have to either go into neutral and retry the 6th gear shift or to downshift into 5th and then re-shift into 6th WITHOUT any downward pressure on the shift knob.

This isn't any bullsh*t either as I have done this at least a dozen times an was able to reproduce it over and over again exactly as I described above. And it only takes the slightest amount or almost imperceptable down-pressure on the shift knob which is why it is not easy to detect at all.
Your correct, no bulls anywhere..

I actually reproduced this as well and I found going into 6th by almost cupping the shifter in an upward manner would result is perfect shifts everytime.

But its true what wstar said, I know I never need to shift into 6th at 150+ under wot...Just use 5th unless your really looking to dragrace/mile race someone on the street. But still who needs to be doing that so agressivly on the street ?

Road coarse > Drag