Thread: Cobb vs UpRev
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2009, 11:46 PM   #77 (permalink)
FricFrac
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z 300ZX 280ZX 240
FricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to FricFrac

Yea I know I've learned a lot and I think I'm still more confused than when I started

Anyhow from what I can tell is the dyno tune option I have is gonna be around $900 ($1200 by the time my travel expenses are taken into account). Its an UpRev dyno tune and I have the option of up to five maps selectable by cruise control. I doesn't sound like there is any hardware included (Osiris?) or the OS software (Cipher?) just the modified MAP. Its about $400 for the dyno time and around $500 for the software mod.

I agree reverse engineering the software and coding your own OS for the ECU is impressive and should be charged for - but $300 per license for an ukernal operating system seems awefully steep. Now to interface to that software you have to spend another $400 for the Osiris software? Is Osiris useless without Cipher?

Granted you get three E-Tunes but what percentage accurate is that in comparison to a dyno tune - that will give us a good idea of the value of the product in comparison to just getting you MAP done with a dyno tune....

So it sounds like a dyno tune with the UpRev system doesn't get me anything other than an optimized MAP specifically for my car - no hardware - no custom OS for $1200. That seems steep to me but I don't know what every one else is being charged - anyone - Beuler?