View Single Post
Old 05-08-2011, 11:12 PM   #164 (permalink)
wheee!
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: cars. lots of cars.
wheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdl99 View Post
On the bench it certainly works so I may need to add a diode or transistor to make it work in situ, but I will make it work one way or another. I'm now getting ready to supply the kits and will be installing the kit in Jeff's car when he is next free.

Did you permanently earth the parking brake sensor and if so have you seen any downsides of that approach. It has been so long I couldn't remember if we decided on switching the parking brake sensor and breaking the speed sensor circuit on one button or having the bypass circuit effectively permanent and having one switch do the reversing override and the other the speed sensor.
I grounded the parking brake sensor permanently. The speed sensor is broken via relay ( and no light on the switch in this mode) and the rear camera is activated by the other direction of the switch (with light activation). I am using a standard bosch relay for the speed break circuit (76 - 76a)
Let me know if you have a solution to the light not coming on when the relay is activated.

H&R / Stillen / Berk / HKS / Swift / Michelin / UpRev / SPC / Amuse Rep / Seibon / Fringe XVO / TWM / more...
My Journal
wheee! is offline   Reply With Quote