View Single Post
Old 05-08-2011, 06:39 PM   #12 (permalink)
MacCool
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z PW 2014
MacCool has a spectacular aura aboutMacCool has a spectacular aura about

OK...I've always kept my trucks clean, pretty much, but my new Z has instilled a whole new level of obsession/compulsion, especially now that I have become an Adam's/Junkman disciple. My wife was amused at the volume of boxes that have come from Adam's over the last week, followed by concern over the amount of time I've spent on detailing, then alarm when I asked her if we had any old bedsheets, preferably microfiber, to keep dust off the car in the garage.

And yes...8 hours. At the minimum (for me, as a noob). I started yesterday morning with the foam lance on the pressure washer (what a hoot THAT was), then the leaf blower, then the clay, more washing, then hours with the PC from orange to grey pad and their associated chemicals. The car came from the dealer having been "detailed" by their "detailer". OMG...holograms all over the car as well as gouges, marks, scuffs, and a set of fingerprints on the hatch lid that defied anything by hand.

I gotta say though...that system is like magic. After finishing with the machine superwax, the finish is amazing. I parked right by the door at Mother's Day brunch this morning and watching out the window, I was amazed at the number of people that felt compelled to stop, stare, and touch. I literally had to buff out fingerprints when I got home. The down side is that it has instilled a level of compulsion in me that actually has me contemplating spending another $100 on glaze and wax alone. I want more.

Sigh...
MacCool is offline   Reply With Quote