View Single Post
Old 07-07-2009, 04:30 PM   #10 (permalink)
RCZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '09 370Z
RCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to RCZ

I am in no way trying to undermine your purchase or the credibility of status elite.... however I would just like to bring a couple of things to everyone's attention. Its just something I noticed a while back...perhaps I am completely wrong, but I would like to get your opinions. Maybe I'm crazy...

Check this out... this is a picture that Lou at Amplified posted a while back..

Now..those are the Status Elite short rams.

Then immediately after, Amplified posted a picture of the JWT intakes... which I found rather peculiar at the time, why would you post a competitor's intake system when you are trying to to sell the Status Elite..

Here is the picture as posted by amplified.

Now take a look at my pics of the JWT when I tested them out...

What I'm trying to say is that there are striking similarities between the JWT design and the Status Elite design..

The main difference is that the Status Elite also replaces the corrugated part of the stock intake...now Im no welding expert...but those sure look like welds on the Status Elite's where the JWT short ram intakes would end. Seems almost like they tacked on extentions to replace the corrugated part, painted them black and rebranded as Status Elite.

There's nothing wrong with that; manufacturers do this all the time and its perfectly acceptable practice. No one has done anything wrong here and I'm not saying "oh look at these cheaters!" but...the JWT's are what like $350?

I'm kinda treading on thin ice, but do chime in people if Im wrong.

Last edited by RCZ; 07-07-2009 at 04:42 PM.
RCZ is offline   Reply With Quote