View Single Post
Old 05-05-2011, 02:06 PM   #18 (permalink)
m4a1mustang
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: on two wheels
m4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by houkouonchi View Post
I ended up getting my hancooks. They got the tires @ 10:30 AM. I stayed up a little later than I wanted to today (I work nights) but it barely made my deadline.

My initial reaction is the tires felt very slippery but I am pretty darn sure its because of how they were cleaned and the fact they are bran new. I am sure I will have a better idea of how they are once I put a couple hundred miles on them and actually start driving normally again.
You're going to need to put a few hundred miles of normal street driving on them before the mold release goop wears off the tires. Until then they will feel fairly slippery.

The might also feel a little more squishy than you're used to because you are going from a tire with not much tread left to one with full tread, so you'll feel that tread deflection. The sidewalls are also a bit softer.

All-in-all a good street tire.
LIKE us on Facebook!
m4a1mustang is offline   Reply With Quote