View Single Post
Old 05-02-2011, 02:13 AM   #63 (permalink)
370Z JT
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z PW 7AT
370Z JT has a reputation beyond repute370Z JT has a reputation beyond repute370Z JT has a reputation beyond repute370Z JT has a reputation beyond repute370Z JT has a reputation beyond repute370Z JT has a reputation beyond repute370Z JT has a reputation beyond repute370Z JT has a reputation beyond repute370Z JT has a reputation beyond repute370Z JT has a reputation beyond repute370Z JT has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to 370Z JT

Just installed a set of Motordyne ART pipes I scored on Ebay. Went to Amplified Motorsports on Saturday and they were able to put them on within 90 minutes. Great job!

On a cold start, it is considerably louder than what I had with just the Invidia Exhaust. However, when it warms to normal temperature, it idles just like before. One negative to the ART pipes is the smell of fumes at idle is very noticeable especially when the windows are vented.

I did not reset the ECU after the install. Driving home (30miles) from Amplified, I was not very impressed. The car felt very sluggish. When I drove the car today, WOW what a difference. The car was very responsive. Very happy with the way the car performs. Below 3K RPM, the car sounds just like before. But when you open it up a little bit, the car growls. Very throaty. Sounds like an aggressive sports car. I was worried that the car would be too loud. Not the case at all. I think it sounds just right. There is a slight drone at cruising speed, but not loud enough to be a nuisance. I didn't notice any rasp either. Very pleased with this mod.

YouTube - No ART pipes

YouTube - ART Pipes
Top Secret | EVO-R | Fujimura Auto | Shine Auto | Seibon | MRWorks | Swift | SPC | SSR | UpRev | Project Kics | NST | Titek | Eibach | Nismo | Whiteline | Quaife | Invidia | Fly1 | CF Element | Carbon Signal

Last edited by 370Z JT; 05-02-2011 at 03:35 AM.
370Z JT is offline   Reply With Quote