View Single Post
Old 05-01-2011, 11:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
happytheman
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: MB 6M Tour/Sport Z34
happytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond reputehappytheman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Wheel and Tire Care Questions

Ok I've searched the forums a little bit and didn't find a whole lot of opinions and information on wheel and tire care. So I've got a few questions that I'd like to pose for discussion's sake. Feel free to answer as much or as little as you like, for any information you provide will invariably be helpful to myself as well as others.

Do you wax your wheels? If so, do you use a traditional paste-type wax or a spray on? How often do you wax your wheels? Every week? Every other week? What product do you use? Has anyone used the same wax on their wheels that they do for their paint?

What brushes do you use to clean your wheels? Do you generally just use soap and water, or do you favor a wheel cleaner instead? If you use a wheel cleaner, which do you prefer? I have the stock Sport Rays, so recommended wheel cleaners (if preferred over soap and water) safe for the finish on these wheels would be appreciated. How many of you fully remove each wheel for a more thorough cleaning? How often do do so? Once a year?

What brush do you use on your tires? What dressing? I understand that silicon-based dressing are generally not recommended for the care of tires. Are any of these products capable of damaging the finish of your wheels in any way?

Last question: Do you clean and wax your wheels BEFORE dressing your tires, or the other way around?

Thanks for all your input, as I'm sure to be referring to this thread often.
happytheman is offline   Reply With Quote