Thread: Washer Mod
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2011, 09:48 AM   #66 (permalink)
MrJdmNismo
Base Member

Drives: 2011 NISMO 370z
MrJdmNismo has a reputation beyond reputeMrJdmNismo has a reputation beyond reputeMrJdmNismo has a reputation beyond reputeMrJdmNismo has a reputation beyond reputeMrJdmNismo has a reputation beyond reputeMrJdmNismo has a reputation beyond reputeMrJdmNismo has a reputation beyond reputeMrJdmNismo has a reputation beyond reputeMrJdmNismo has a reputation beyond reputeMrJdmNismo has a reputation beyond reputeMrJdmNismo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spechtz View Post
So after weeks of looking at/listening to different exhaust clips I decided to see if anyone tried removing the muffler. I knew the forums wouldn't let me down! I was surprised how good it sounded in the videos. So I figured I had a half hour to kill on a Saturday why not try it out for myself...
What started as a stupid thing to do on a boring weekend turned into a mission. I have only had the car for 8 months and 2/4 nuts may as well have been welded in place. Nearly a month later and 2 exhaust nuts cut off I finally got the pipes apart.
I agree with all the naysayers on here that a real catback is the way to go, but for $1500 cheaper this produces a pretty b*tchin sound.
Cold start is very loud and there is absolutely no rasp. No drone either, cruising at 2500 rpm is nearly silent. Driving around is almost reminiscent of a V8 - it's that deep.
If you're bored one weekend and have deep 14mm sockets and a breaker bar handy (may as well hit it with some PB Blaster too) give it a try. Just take my advice and stop if you start stripping the bolts!

Post a video i haven't bought my Greddy yet I'm curious to hear the noise...
2011 #0093 NISMO 370z:OWN
2007 350z:SOLD
MrJdmNismo is offline   Reply With Quote