Thread: Lth + hks
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2011, 08:14 AM   #2 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nixxer View Post
Does anyone have this combination? Im really interested In hearing what it sounds like. I think I heard a video of TP + HKS, but TPs arent quite LTH sound.
You already have FI's catback and you want to switch to HKS's? That seems like a poor idea. the HKS HI-POWER is a similar design to FI's, but: tiny H-crossover instead of a full-width X-crossover, sharper bends in some areas, they use flex sections up front, and have side-mounted resonators on the mufflers. It's gotta be weaker performance-wise, and heavier I suspect. It's definitely way more expensive.

In any case, a single-vendor exhaust from engine block to tailpipe is worth a lot in terms of knowing the fitment, performance, and sound has definitely been tested and tuned together as well.