View Single Post
Old 04-19-2011, 01:52 PM   #24 (permalink)
FromG2Z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '12 5.0, kona, 6MT
FromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by christian370z View Post
He was spamming other threads with complete gibberish, I don't see how does "o2 airflow can cesspool" sounds normal or makes sense as can be said about the rest of the post. FYI, a cesspool is a large pit to dispose sewage or refuse.
Makes sense now. What does an individual gain from spamming like that? It's not like he's selling anything... weird... and sad, at the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdkwang View Post
i personally dont think 300whp is high but i have the k&n short ram intakes and borla exhaust. it did get a ecu tune.
our z's make 276whp stock, so my numbers are relatively average
That makes sense. I've seen some stock Z's though, lay down 260 or less. Just a diff't dyno maybe? Either, yeah those are some great whp numbers man. Keep it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmike2780 View Post
The oil color after several cycles can very depending on the type of oil you use. The darkening happens when the oil absorbs carbon deposits from detonation. I could be wrong, but I'm assuming low grade gasoline would have this effect. The K&N filters out the same amount of particles as paper filters if oiled correctly. The oil is there to compensate for the larger openings. I have about 6k miles with my K&N's without any problems. I honestly don't know of anyone having the MAF sensor issue aside from unreliable sources.K&N Mass Air Flow Sensor Statement
Yeah, like I said, whether it's hearsay or not, not sure which is true. Not saying anything was wrong with my K&N filter... I never oiled it... had it on the G for 1-1/2 years, then I traded her in. But I remember before I changed to K&N, when I changed the oil, it was mostly "newer" looking. It's been on Mobil 1 since day one of ownership, with an OEM air filter. Then switched to K&N, then oil started getting darker every change. Like I said weird.... I didn't experience ANY problems whatsoever, and I did notice more giddyup from the butt dyno. I just found it odd that my oil started getting darker. G was stock other than air filter.
2012 5.0 GT Prem, Kona Blue, 6MT, HID, Brembo, 3.73 -- Ordered: 9/20/11, Born on: 10/20/11, Delivered 11/15/11"Marilyn" GT500 mufflers/flaps, MGW shifter, FRPP K springs, BMR panhard bar, Boss coil covers, 3DC spoiler, Llumar Tint (35% and 20%), 3M ClearBra
FromG2Z is offline   Reply With Quote