View Single Post
Old 04-17-2011, 12:27 PM   #88 (permalink)
weiboy718
Track Member

Drives: Infiniti G37
weiboy718 will become famous soon enoughweiboy718 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to weiboy718

Quote:
Originally Posted by rean1mator View Post
yeah, unfortunately the car i'm about to buy is out of state and I will be required to smog every two years so my decision is based on that.
can someone from gtm comment on whether weiboys car will currently pass smog or not and whether it has the carb tune or a custom tune?

i read through pretty much every page of the other thread on your stillen experience and it sounds like you only stuck to the carb tunes that were not working. which pretty much turned me off on the stillen kit. but if you are not running a carb tune on the gtm kit, couldn't you have just done a custom tune on teh stillen kit to make it perform the way you want it to and then worry about it later as you say with like you are going to do with this gtm kit you have on now? probably would have saved you tons of time and money sticking to what you had.
mike@gtm already stated very clearly that our stage 1 kit isn't the carb kit nor they Will try and get it. You can get their stage 0 which is still pending for carb approval.

I did try to ask a few tuners in the area about a custom tune for my STillen kit. Nobody wanted to do it. They're capable just didn't want to risk blowing up my engine. So, really. WHat options do I have? I'm sure nobody wanted to throw away a few G's for no reason.

Which part of SF do You live?