View Single Post
Old 04-16-2011, 09:11 AM   #1 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Stillen 7AT coolers installed?

Anyone installed the Stillen 7AT cooler yet? Mine's sitting the garage now, will probably attempt it either Sunday or sometime next week. Just wondering about install gotchas.

The big thing I'm concerned about is that they recommend pre-filling the cooler to avoid having to top off the 7AT itself after install (which is a dealer-only thing due to needing CONSULT-III to accurately check fluid temp ). This leaves me wondering (a) does air in the new cooler lines matter, should I pre-fill them as well, or is that just not enough to matter? and (b) is it going to be feasible to disconnect the existing 7AT->Radiator line and hook up the hoses to the Stillen cooler without pouring a bunch of AT fluid out in the process? Very quickly stab some kind of temporary cap over the ends?