View Single Post
Old 04-12-2011, 10:45 PM   #18 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by weiboy718 View Post
sorry for bringing this back up! do you know where the dip stick level is suppose to register at? mines reading over the high mark but my oil pressure is very normal.
You should be using the dipstick just like normal. Thinking about it visually: you're adding depth at the bottom of the pan, and you're dropping down the oil pump's pickup tube by the same amount, but you want the oil level relative to the lower engine components to remain the same (which is why the dipstick didn't move). Having your oil overfilled too much (by the dipstick) can cause frothing of your oil, which isn't great for lubrication.

Thanks for the update/pics on bending that corner tab. Much better solution than mine (cutting it off), guess I'm just an impatient careless bastard sometimes . I'll link it back to the top so nobody else misses it.