Thread: wstar's Journal
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2009, 01:47 PM   #213 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

More mini-updates:

Did some more driving today, in the just-after-noon super-heat. Ambient temp was 104 rolling (not parked). Got some good aggressive driving in, although not to the level of the torture tests I did pre-cooler to hit 260. Oil temp peaked at 220, and was generally very "stable" as predicted. It moves up very slowly, unlike before where running through 1-2 gears at WOT would cause visible fast movement of the needle. Given the deadly heat today, I think it performed admirably.

I'm noticing my 7AT overheating more now too. Usually the engine would get up in the 240-250 range first, causing me to back off of the hard shifting, and then I wouldn't notice the 7AT so much. After the engine sat at 220 for a while with me still driving aggressive, the 7AT started getting soft on downshifts, which I've taken to be an indicator of very hot fluid. I guess a transmission cooler is in order next

Also, I forgot to turn my radar detector back on from when I was working in the garage the past few days. As a result, I got an insultingly low 80 in a 65 ticket from a motorcycle cop on the way home when I was just cruising lazily in freeway traffic. I had no idea he was there until it was too late with the V1 off. He was pretty nice about it though, just wanted to churn out that ticket and move on, no big hassles. So now I have my first Z ticket, probably the first of many I should be good to wipe this one out with defensive driving anyways.